· Regular Anchor House Outreach reentry meetings at the Sago Palm Reentry Center in Pahokee, Florida. Preparation for one’s life after release from prison is extremely important and often difficult for those who are incarcerated.
· Weekly Bible Studies at the Sago Palm Reentry Center in Pahokee, Florida.
· Leaders of the Pre-CTP at Everglades Correctional Institution in Miami, Florida, which is the preparatory arm of the CTP. The CTP (which is the acronym for the Dr. Regina B. Shearn Corrections Transition Program) works specifically with men in the Florida Department of Corrections who are being considered for releases on parole. In Florida, there are (basically) three separate sentencing guidelines for criminal convictions, and one of these is the traditional parole system.)
· Program Advisors to Save a Man, Inc., which is a prison ministry organization led Cathy Cofield. Cathy―and her late husband Ken, a CTP Alumni―worked diligently to establish a long-term program for parole-eligible women in the Florida prison system. We have the honor of assisting her in this while also serving occasionally on her behalf by ministering to inmates at various prisons throughout the state.)
· We meet regularly with Florida Cares (a prominent and fruitful prison reform organization), and together we have outlined a proposal for a new long-term program to be added to the Florida prison system. In many ways, this program calls for an application that is similar to the way Dr. Shearn so successfully works with the parole eligible male prisoners, but this one would be established for men notunder the traditional parole sentencing guidelines.
· Palm Beach County has a Reentry Task Force that meets quarterly to discuss ways to work with and enhance success for men and women being released from incarceration who are returning to this county after their release. Representatives from numerous organizations sit on its voting committee, but it is always open to the public and everything being discussed is likewise open to visitors to contribute to. We attend these quarterly meetings on behalf of Ephesians 4:28 Ministries/Anchor House, and we have quickly become recognized and respected contributors. Our organization is a voting member of its faith-based subcommittee that meets by regularly ZOOM.